Monday, August 4, 2014

Washing of the Feet




"If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them." Yeshua

During my days of walking the Earth as Mary of Magdala there was a custom for visitors to a home to have their shoes or sandals removed by the owner of the home or a servant and the feet were washed before entering the home. This was done to keep the floors clean and to honor the guest. If the owner of the home wished to honor the guest the feet would be anointed with oil. I have been anointed thus, as an honored guest. I have also had the honor of anointing others in such a way.

We advise this - allow your people to honor you in whatever their custom is. Honor your people in your custom. Remember all of the people on this Earth are your people!

Mary of Magdala




Auriel Grace









No comments:

Post a Comment